Rahi-Dana( Mustard seeds ) / 90- GM
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
1. May help lower blood sugar.
2. Rich in immune-boosting antioxidants.
3. May benefit heart health.
4. May protect brain health.
5. May promote digestion and gut health.
Rai-Dana(Mustard seeds) nutrition facts
10 potential health benefits of Mustard Seeds
- Skin health: These seeds act as antioxidants because of the presence of carotene, lutein, Vitamin A, K & C, all of these help in slowing down aging. If mustard seeds are used along with aloe vera, it helps to hydrate your skin along with it also acts as a natural scrub to remove the dead skin if it is used with rose essential oil.
- Hair health: The use of mustard seeds and its oil is beneficial in the case of hair growth, conditioning, and strengthening of hair. Massaging of the scalp with mustard oil is helpful in hair growth and its health. Since the seeds contain protein, calcium, vitamin A & E, omega-3, and omega-6 fatty acids, all these are good to make the hair stronger.
- Rheumatic arthritis: Mustard seeds have a good amount of selenium and magnesium, which are effective for people who are suffering from rheumatic arthritis.
- Cancer prevention: Mustard seeds are having some phytochemicals such as glucosinolates and myrosinase, which are beneficial in the treatment and prevention of cancer. A study published in the Journal Human & Experimental Toxicology, wherein it has been shown that the seeds may have chemopreventive potential.
- Dietary fiber: Mustard seeds are having an adequate amount of dietary fibers, which are good for smooth digestion, metabolism, and prevention of constipation thus helpful in other digestive related issues. It also ensures easy bowel movement and enhances digestive power.
- Lowers blood pressure: There are numerous nutrients like copper, iron, magnesium, and selenium that are present in mustard seeds, which are important in reducing blood pressure. These are also good at giving relief from menopause.
- Asthma prevention: The regular use of mustard seeds is helpful for respiratory problems including asthma as it contains some important minerals like copper, magnesium, iron and selenium, which acts well against respiratory problems.
- Treats headache: The seeds have a suitable amount of magnesium, which is beneficial in case of migraine and headache.
- Enhances good cholesterol: The optimal use of mustard oil helps to reduce bad cholesterol levels in the blood thus good for cardiovascular problems.
- Strengthens teeth and gums: Mustard seeds are packed with selenium, which makes bones stronger, and along with certain antioxidants it helps in relieving pain in the gum and teeth.
There are no reviews yet.