BLACK PEPPER POWDER / 90- GM
1. May help lower blood sugar.
2. Rich in immune-boosting antioxidants.
3. May benefit heart health.
4. May protect brain health.
5. May promote digestion and gut health.
BLACK PEPPER POWDER nutrition facts
Black pepper plays a protective role against stomach ulcers. It works via the following mechanisms:
- Black pepper reduces the aggressive factors that cause damage to the stomach.
- It helps in relieving pain associated with stomach ulcers.
- It lowers the level of inflammation and also protects the inner lining of the stomach against free radicals.
- Black pepper inhibits the secretion of gastric acid that corrodes the inner lining of the stomach and acts similar to the drugs used in the treatment of ulcers.
Bottom-line: Bland diet is recommended during the treatment of stomach ulcers. Adding black pepper to such a diet will help in relieving pain and other complications of stomach ulcers.
Black pepper helps in the digestion of food by enhancing the secretion of saliva and enzymes present in saliva. Black pepper stimulates digestion by activating the digestive enzymes present in pancreas and intestine. These enzymes help in the breakdown of food into simple molecules.
Black pepper stimulates the liver to secrete bile, which plays a vital role in the digestion and absorption of fat. Such a stimulation in the secretion of digestive enzymes is possible due to the presence of piperine in black pepper.
Bottom-line: Adding black pepper to your daily meals will improve digestion.
Since ancient times, black pepper has been used to treat diarrhea. Piperine reduces the volume of loose stools by reducing the accumulation of fluid. It further reduces the number of diarrheal episodes and thus prevents the loss of water and electrolytes from the body.
Bottom-line: While eating khichdi or curd-rice during diarrhea add some black pepper powder to the above mentioned preparations.
“Beta-caryophyllene”, a compound present in black pepper essential oil has anesthetic activity.
Black pepper is also beneficial for individuals with arthritis because it reduces inflammation and pain associated with it.
It helps in relieving back pain by interacting with the pain receptors. Piperine blocks the pain receptors and reduces the perception of pain.
Bottom-line: Pepper is a natural pain killer. Adding it to diet or inhaling black pepper essential oil can help in relieving pain.
Blood Pressure Lowering Action of Black Pepper:
- Black pepper is beneficial for hypertension. Piperine present in black pepper prevents calcium from entering the blood vessels. This helps in relaxation and widening of blood vessels, ensures smooth blood flow throughout the body and thus lowers high blood pressure.
Bottom-line: Reduce your salt intake and go for some black pepper.
Anti-Depressant Effect of Black Pepper:
Research has found that black pepper fights against depression and it is as effective as anti-depressant drug. But the best part about black pepper is that it comes without any side-effects unlike drugs.